1. Help me get to 100 Followers!! Fabulous Giveaway Coming soon and you’ll all be entered! I’m thinking that I will be giving away prizes to three winners. Perhaps some girl scout cookies (Thin Mints or Samoas anyone?) and a copy of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis (debuted this week on the NY Times Bestseller list for those of you who might not have heard the rumble of YA Writer Blogs.) Trust me, THIS BOOK IS FREXING AWESOME, and some fabulous bookmarks.
2. This weekend I spent a few hours in the ER wondering if they were going to diagnose me with a terminal case of a disease-yet-to-be-named-after-me. I had the most bizarre set of symptoms and omgodhavemercy the pain! I sat there waiting for the doctor to come back and like in that episode of Friends where Monica’s brother has “A Ross”, tell me that they were very sorry, and would I mind if they called the student residents to come in and observe? The good news is that there is a name for what I have. The other good news is that people usually survive. The bad news is that as suspected last week in my Monday Memo: I am old. I have to get my gall bladder removed. Yeah, yeah… laugh all you want. Time is the fire in which we *all* burn. ;)
3. I WON A CONTEST!!! Abby Annis was giving away a copy of Homework Helpers: Essays & Term Papers by Michelle McLean during Michelle’s book release blog tour and I won! Fabulous awesomeness. Hooray! So fun!
4. In one of the oddest winters we here in CO have enjoyed in a while, it was in the 60’s this past week. It is snowing now, and the predicted temps to come are: -3, 2, -12. O_o I am actually just happy it is snowing. We’ve had a dry winter and can really use the moisture down here in the front range. It’s been dumping in the mountains, which is always good. ETA: School has been canceled tomorrow due to TEMP!? W.T.F., she wrote.
5. I am halfway through ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis and I am sad. I am sad because I can’t put it down; it will be finished in no time. When a story is this much of an all-consuming can’t-put-down-awesome story, I want it to be the size of an unabridged dictionary. The coolest thing is the bonus inside-the-jacket blueprint of the Godspeed ship. *awesome* I bought the book for my BFF for her birthday so she will join me when Beth comes to CO for a book signing at the Tattered Cover. Feb 11 peeps. Let me know if you want to come with.