You’ve heard of them… but have you done one yet?
I am a HUGE believer in visualization and manifesting your desires by putting things out there with intention. After months of feeling overwhelmed, overwrought, overtaxed, and just over it all, I decided to put my manifestation money where my mouth is and create my vision board.
Using my board, I have chosen a few areas of my life that I wish to spend more energy on:
(in no particular order)
- writing. period. I have always been writing, but as most of you writers out there will know, it is hard to stay on task. (exxpecially with the so many distractions online… hello blog friends!) I have a book or two in my brain that are just aching to come out… and there is no time like the present.
- fitness. I have made a commitment this year to stop putting this off. I named a lofty goal for myself to run in the BolderBoulder 10k this month (it seemed so far away when I made the choice…) The changes in my life and my body since I have been working out (I started with friends on Feb 20) have been really amazing. I am so proud of me and want to stay with it!
- family time. Intentional, scheduled, family time. I have so many thoughts and visions of how we should be spending our time as a family, but life always seems to get in the way. I want to go camping again, I want to bake more like I used to, I want to go on a road trip this summer with my family.
- rowan tree foundation – As many of you know, I am the founder of this organization that provides bereavement support to parents who lose children. I would like to grow our support this year, and need to simply focus more upon that. A longer term goal is to have a physical Rowan Tree Center, where we can hold workshops and meetings… but for now I would be really happy to fill my volunteer list with people who are dedicated to spreading the word and helping out with our events.
- travel. I am not much for sightseeing, but I would love to spend more time going places. My vision board reflects word travel, but seeing the amazing country we live in would be an excellent way to begin.
- simplicity. I need more of this in my life. With a hectic family life and a busy list of to dos (all choices I have made and things I want to do) I need to work harder to simplify and cut out the excess.
- There are other misc items on here as well. My husband asked “where am I in all of this?” so I gave him a few inches of space ;) I also would like to find ways to make a little income off of my graphic design biz without doing any more websites (coins). I would like my home office to become more of a business center. (feng shui dictates purple and silver in this space for that as well as increasing intuitiveness.) I want to learn the cello, and I need to be kinder and gentler to myself (the crown), I would also like to work on remembering more things, and being more mindful of the things going on around me. I am very forgetful anymore (the ribbon).
- The colors in the BG are red and silver. Red is my color, the one I am at home in and the one that I respond most powerfully to. Silver was chosen for the feng shui element of clarity and serenity.
What do you think? Do you have a vision board? I am eager to see how having this in my view daily will help me manifest more of what I want in my life. If you’ve done one, I want to see it!